As an all-volunteer organization, Rosie’s Birthday Club needs your support. We rely on the outstanding generosity, ingenuity, and financial support provided by our many volunteers. Our volunteers come to us in groups and as individuals, and we welcome them all.
Our parties are held in lots of places, and each party presents a different challenge in regard to physical setting, number of participants, and philosophy – but the mission of each party is for every child to be recognized and to have fun.
How You Can Help
Before the party we need your help to deliver birthday cake and balloons to each site prior to the party.
When you become a birthday-party volunteer you won’t be bored, and you’ll know you are doing something special. You can talk with the children, and help as they decorate their birthday hats – and you can participate in a wide array of fun activities such as face painting, table games, group-play activities, and craft projects. Our parties are fun.
After the games, our volunteers help with cutting and serving the cake. Then comes “mail call,” where each child gets a unique, handmade birthday card. And of course there’s the fun of distributing the presents. The goal is to entertain and celebrate the children.
A Party Almost Every Week
We have birthday parties almost every week, so there are lots of opportunities for you to join in.
Check our calendar for available volunteer opportunities.
Everything revolves around our parties for the kids, and the best part is that, as a volunteer, you can help as much or as little as your schedule permits.
Every party needs a group of volunteers. If you’d like to help, you might:
- Volunteer at a birthday-party site.
- Pick up and deliver cakes and/or balloons for a party.
- Decorate the party room prior to the kids’ arrival.
- Share a craft or game idea for kids ages 5 to 12.
- Contact a group (adult or youth) that might want to host a party.
- Donate a new or partially used gift card.
- Donate party supplies such as forks, birthday plates, etc.
- Donate $25 or purchase a gift from one of our children’s wish lists.
- Let us know if your company has matching funds or a foundation.